The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
Tea Leaf reading! EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
Tea Leaf reading! EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
Tea Leaf reading! EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
Tea Leaf reading! EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Tea Leaf reading!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tea Leaf reading! Empty Tea Leaf reading!

Post by pachakutiq Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:59 am

Tea leaf readings!  I recently purchased some Earl Grey tea leaves so that I can try to do this again.  I've done it a few times, but not an expert at it.  The first time I made a cup of tea with these leaves, (it was delicious!), I did all you are suppose to do and then at the end looked into the tea cup and only saw a big lump of mess.  Figured I put too much of the leaves into the cup, so I made a 2nd cup and used just a very small pinch of tea leaves and again drank all the tea and did all you are suppose to do for the reading and I peeked inside again and lol! ANOTHER LARGE CLUMP OF LEAVES---A BIG LUMP OF MESS!

Rolling Eyes

So, I let it sit awhile and looked online at symbols and viola! cheers I saw that the huge clump sort of resembled something online where I was looking at tea leaf symbols and it meant hope.  *shrugs*  I'm hopeful about a lot of things, so not exactly sure what it means.  I also thought I'd post a picture of my tea leaves in the cup and see if YOU see anything different then a big ol' lump!  I did also see that it looked a bit like a heart overall, but see what if anything you see in it.  if you just see a lump of nothing, thats fine too.  I did![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Tea Leaf reading! Empty Re: Tea Leaf reading!

Post by Dancing Bear Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:11 am

Looks like you are off on some travels to a far off land there Noodle Very Happy Africa or Australia..
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:Looks like you are off on some travels to a far off land there Noodle Very Happy Africa or Australia..

lol! Well, I have no desire to go to Africa, so I hope it's Australia!!! cheers

of course if we are, I would definitely let you and flutingoracle know! But only time will tell. We have plans to travel to Copenhagen, Denmark - but only a day there then we get on the cruise ship and cruise into Norway's fjords. We will cross into the Artic Circle. Then we go back to Copenhagen and off to visit Bobs family in Sweden for a few days before we head home again. Should be a great trip.
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:14 am

Woohoo Congratulations Noodle.
Sounds like a wonderful trip youll be going on, Im only off by thousands of miles Haha!!!
The mass reminded me of Australia upside down at first..

Your interpretation looks good , all good things coming your way, sounds lovely! Smile
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:20 am

I Love tea leaf reading, I dont do it myself , but wish i could, My ex Mother-in-law when she was alive, use to read tea leaves, and was brilliant at it, she had Romany blood from the UK, and the art was passed down. we often would have a cup of tea and she would read my tea leaves, she predicted the split between her son and I. Its been over 20 odd years since we split, I still keep in touch with the family though. I was also friendly with his parents when they were alive well after we split, often visiting them. I Loved his family, Shame about his antics, otherwise we'd still be together.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am

I see a dragon there with wings and he is facing the right, a side profile. The dragon appears to be leaping, making a go of it, and doing it quickly. I think I could read tea leaves, if I knew how to make the tea. haha.
Disa
Disa

https://disawylde.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:I Love tea leaf reading, I dont do it myself , but wish i could, My ex Mother-in-law when she was alive, use to read tea leaves, and was brilliant at it, she had Romany blood from the UK, and the art was passed down. we often would have a cup of tea and she would read my tea leaves, she predicted the split between her son and I. Its been over 20 odd years since we split, I still keep in touch with the family though. I was also friendly with his parents when they were alive well after we split, often visiting them. I Loved his family, Shame about his antics, otherwise we'd still be together.

Smile Yes, I have fond memories of my maternal grandmother reading the tea leaves for various people. Especially a family member, Julia--cousin but raised like a sister to my grandfather. My grandmother and Julia were very close and Julia always allowed me as a small child, sit beside the two of them while Nanny read her tea leaves, AND! I would also be given a cup of tea in a nice china cup and saucer too! As a wee child, this was very special! Laughing

Nice memories you have of your ex - mother in law, too. Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Disa wrote:I see a dragon there with wings and he is facing the right, a side profile.  The dragon appears to be leaping, making a go of it, and doing it quickly.  I think I could read tea leaves, if I knew how to make the tea.  haha.  

Thank you, Disa! And, welcome back! We've missed you. Smile Well, lets see....the dragon could be symbolizing that
To see a dragon in your dream represents your strong will and fiery personality. You tend to get carried away by your passion, which may lead you into trouble. You need to exercise some self-control.
as per the dream dictionary online. Yes, I can see that I do get carried away by my passion and need to exercise self control. However, I like this that was also said in the dictionary
In the eastern cultures, dragons are seen as spiritual creatures symbolizing good luck and fortune..

Smile Yes, I like that one much more!!! Laughing

To do a tea leaf reading is very easy. As you see I do use a dream dictionary to help me with the symbols if I don't have a clue. But to get to that point all you need is a nice rounded rimmed tea cup and saucer and some tea leaves. I purchased some at Walmart - a can of Earl Grey tea leaves. Not all tea leaves are easy to read, but Earl Grey works well as will black tea or oolong tea and a few others.

Boil the water and just put a pinch of the leaves, (less then a teaspoon) into the cup. When the water is boiling, pour it into the cup and let it steep for 3 minutes or so. (No need to be EXACT). it is better to not add anything else to it, so if you don't like your tea very plain, just put in enough water to drink a few sips of it.

Drink the tea and then turn the cup upside down onto the saucer and by the handle of the cup, you turn it around 3x turning towards the right (for the future). You let it sit for about another minute so all the excess liquid (about a small teaspoons worth) will run out. Then turn it up again and see what the leaves look like. You can also google how to do the readings online and find a lot of info there and also for images of tea leaves to get an idea of what the symbol is if you can't make it out. I also use dream books for help with it as well as when I get symbols with crystal ball readings or when I am given symbols by spirits who don't seem to be able to talk to me even telepathically. It seems to work well! Smile

See this site for help: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am

Hows the tea leaf reading going Noodle?
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 am

heres a great site for those who do not have a book of menaings for tea leaf reading, I am about to do a reading for myself.. wish me luck haha!!
Ill post up when i have done it.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 am

Dancing Bear wrote:heres a great site for those who do not have a book of menaings for tea leaf reading, I am about to do a reading for myself.. wish me luck haha!!
Ill post up when i have done it.

Oops i forgot to add the site Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

its not the best website, hopefully i can find another, if anyone else has a good meaning website please post it up.

I had little ratties in my tea cup, I love ratties, but it says pending doom Sad
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tea Leaf reading! Empty tassie

Post by flutingoracle Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:Looks like you are off on some travels to a far off land there Noodle Very Happy Africa or Australia..
It looks very much like Tasmania.. not a good time to go there Sad
flutingoracle
flutingoracle

http://www.ahaoracle.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Thanks for the site, DB! I will check it out. I haven't done much more tea leaf reading lately. I keep thinking of doing it, but then don't. I have been spending my time trying to enter alot of information I have printed out on paper for our genealogy--entering it all into the database so that I can throw the paper trail out! Cleaning closets, while Bob is on travel (to France, Sad ) and things like that. lol!

No desire to visit Tasmania tbh. Not sure why really--I think it just conjurs up images of the Tasmanian Devil cartoon! Laughing Laughing
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by flutingoracle Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Oh Tassie is beautiful, CN, in my mind anyway, but I haven't been there since I was 2 Very Happy Pics show it to be very beautiful, but perhaps its climate gets closer to yours so the flora 'looks' more like yours, in some areas... but, yes... I have only ever looked at tea leaves for meaning about twice in my life Smile
flutingoracle
flutingoracle

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Laughing I do love tea leaf reading. I have an acquaintance who reads beautifully! We both read cards at teh same store and she read tea leaves around the corner at a little "indian" restaurant there. She was very popular! So I'd often go there for lunch with friends and of course--a tea leaf reading! Smile Plus the memories of my Nanny doing it too. I want to get good with it and perhaps work with it at a local store here in town. But, I cannot offer that till I'm much better at reading them!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by flutingoracle Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:13 am

I imagine that if you are passionate about it, the leaves will tell you their story, dear CN Smile xxx
flutingoracle
flutingoracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 am

i agree with the tea leaf reading telling its own story, those websites i visited yesterday, the meanings went against what i initially felt when i saw the little images, many totally opposite. I think like Tarot, in which i read by gut instincts/ feeling and not by the book. Tea leaf reading would be the same.

I am going to post up what my daughter and i got and a little list of what we felt we saw in them, any feedback would be good. Have to swap devices to post them up, the images are on my phone. So here goes.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:12 am

pachakutiq wrote:
Smile  Yes, I like that one much more!!! Laughing

To do a tea leaf reading is very easy.  As you see I do use a dream dictionary to help me with the symbols if I don't have a clue.  But to get to that point all you need is a nice rounded rimmed tea cup and saucer and some tea leaves.  I purchased some at Walmart - a can of Earl Grey tea leaves.  Not all tea leaves are easy to read, but Earl Grey works well as will black tea or oolong tea and a few others.  

Boil the water and just put a pinch of the leaves, (less then a teaspoon) into the cup.   When the water is boiling, pour it into the cup and let it steep for 3 minutes or so.  (No need to be EXACT).    it is better to not add anything else to it, so if you don't like your tea very plain, just put in enough water to drink a few sips of it.  

Drink the tea and then turn the cup upside down onto the saucer and by the handle of the cup, you turn it around 3x turning towards the right (for the future).  You let it sit for about another minute so all the excess liquid (about a small teaspoons worth) will run out.  Then turn it up again and see what the leaves look like.  You can also google how to do the readings online and find a lot of info there and also for images of tea leaves to get an idea of what the symbol is if you can't make it out.  I also use dream books for help with it as well as when I get symbols with crystal ball readings or when I am given symbols by spirits who don't seem to be able to talk to me even telepathically.  It seems to work well! Smile

See this site for help:  https://www.teaanswers.com/how-read-tea-leaves/

Thanks for the details about boiling the tea. I couldn't ever seem to do it right from drinking a regular tea cup. This seems much easier
Disa
Disa

https://disawylde.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 pm

flutingoracle wrote:I imagine that if you are passionate about it, the leaves will tell you their story, dear CN Smile xxx

Smile Well, I'm hoping so! T.Y. Flutingoracle. Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by flutingoracle Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 pm

I'm sure they will! just let go a bit... Smile
flutingoracle
flutingoracle

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:i agree with the tea leaf reading telling its own story, those websites i visited yesterday, the meanings went against what i initially felt when i saw the little images, many totally opposite. I think like Tarot, in which i read by gut instincts/ feeling  and not by the book. Tea leaf reading would be the same.

I am going to post up what my daughter and i got and a little list of what we felt we saw in them, any feedback would be good. Have to swap devices to post them up, the images are on my phone. So here goes.

ARGH!!! I just lost my post! Gosh that drives me nuts when it happens. Sad

Yes, I read tarot and the lenormand at times like that, D.B. I just did a reading for a friend with the Lenormand cards and saw something in a pair that I voiced and know it would drive a purist of Lenny reading wild. I remember at A.T. how they all went wild when a small group of us were learning the Lenny's together and allowed anything that came to our mind to be okay--and we'd explain how we got the message. Boy that went over like a lead balloon on A.T. and it got to be so bad, that the poor soul who started that group left A.T. altogether. Driven away by a group that could be mean and vicious, sadly. Sad
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Disa wrote:
Thanks for the details about boiling the tea. I couldn't ever seem to do it right from drinking a regular tea cup. This seems much easier

You should try it too, Disa!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:22 am

Here is my tea cup, can anyone see anything more?
I may have let my imagination run away with me with this, I saw all sorts.
Little Rats,
A truck
Eiffel tower
Hearts
A round man
A Scorpion
An Angel
A castle
A teapot
Acorn
Letter A
A cat
Butterfly
Not sure if I saw was actually there haha..
None of it I saw doom..
But according to website rats and cats are not good lol.. But I love little Rats and also we have been thinking of getting a cat.. So not sure how to read this..
The images I started at the handle and moved right of the handle.

Last edited by Dancing Bear on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:25 am

Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:28 am

Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next