The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
Cartomancy EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
Cartomancy EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
Cartomancy EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
Cartomancy EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
Cartomancy EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
Cartomancy EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
Cartomancy EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
Cartomancy EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
Cartomancy EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Cartomancy

3 posters

Go down

Cartomancy Empty Cartomancy

Post by pachakutiq Fri May 03, 2019 10:52 am

When I first began to divine with cards, I began with playing cards. I used every card in the 52 deck and the joker. For me, the Joker card was a wish come true or a surprise coming. I learned a lot of things from various books I could get my hands on as well as from other card readers and some from just reading with them and allowing my intuition to guide me.

Well, a few years later, a friend got me into using tarot and I put my playing cards aside for divination reasons and used tarot and other oracle cards that were not playing cards. After awhile, I forgot how to read well with my playing cards and so I began to pick it up again with various books and sites online--such as the famous "Hedgewitch" website, which is now sadly gone.

Well, rummaging through our bookcases in search of a good book one day, I happend to come across a book I had long forgotten I had and began to study with, titled "Personal Prophesy" by Debora Leigh. "OMG!" I thought! I'm SOOO GLAD I still have this book! THIS is what I'll study again and pick up on.

So, I'm studying it again and have just finished the hearts suit and now heading into learnign all about the spades again.

I can't recall how far I got in the book when I first began with it--its been years though since I opened it up and tried.

I love Deborah's writing ways and I find this book fantastic to use and easy to grasp.

You know, it is said that When the 'student' is ready, the teacher will come. I'm going through a difficult time right now too, so really, I feel like I was lead to this book and the desire to re-learn this skill again. I feel ready to do so again.

Anyone familiar with this book and have learned Deborah's style of reading? If so, please share! I'd love to read what you think of it and how it worked (or not) for you.
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Cartomancy Empty Re: Cartomancy

Post by pachakutiq Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:05 am

Well, just to add onto this since I posted last May of this year....I did end up getting a deck of playing cards that I could mark up with the meanings. I've learned to do one of the spreads she has in the book as well and I have been on occasion doing readings with the spread. Most of the readings were right on, amazingly enough, though some of them also left me wondering what I read wrong. Laughing

I do kind of like the idea of reading again with playing cards. For one, they are much easier to transport in your purse for that opportune time when you are asked for a reading unexpectedly! 52 cards compared to 78 is a big difference. Secondly, playing cards are much easier and cheaper at times to locate at the last minute IF you don't have your deck with you.

I'm still not ready to read w/o my marked deck however. I need to discipline myself and practice daily--but haven't been doing much of that this summer. But, I also have to admit, I love tarot too. And, sadly my customer base has dwindled down to mostly family members and friends now....very rarely the stranger or past customer. *sigh*.

I actually like the Personal Prophesy way, I have to say. But, I don't really like what she has listed for the 7 of clubs and so I am thinking of changing it. Per the Personal Prophesy it means desire, which is okay, but then she stresses it is meaning sexual desire most of the time and I have YET to see it mean this. it just never seems to fit. So, I'm going to stick to just plain desire--and at times I've seen it meaning desire as in jealousy desire--like when someone has something that you wish you had to the point that you're not happy for that 'someone who posses that thing'---you're jealous about it. That has popped up a few times for the readings I've done.

pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm

I’ve always wanted to read with an ordinary playing card deck, but have never got around to learning, I always thought it would be read like the minor arcana of the Tarot, but I could be totally wrong. It looks like I am lol.. I love you use the Joker the way you do. I’ll keep an eye on this thread, can’t wait to see what else you find out.
I agree a 52 card pack would be so much easier to carry around.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:I’ve always wanted to read with an ordinary playing card deck, but have never got around to learning, I always thought it would be read like the minor arcana of the Tarot, but I could be totally wrong. It looks like I am lol.. I love you use the Joker the way you do. I’ll keep an eye on this thread, can’t wait to see what else you find out.
I agree a 52 card pack would be so much easier to carry around.

No, not exactly wrong, DB. Many DO read the playing cards like the minor cards of tarot. You CAN do it that way. There are as many ways to read playing cards as there are various decks of cards. lol.

I started out reading playing cards and its not the same at all as the Personal Prophesy. I forget what all my playing cards meanings were from my old way--nearly 25 years ago now....lol. I have a few various books on reading w/playing cards, some only read from the six card through King and Aces, some use the full deck. Some are read like the Lenormand way too. But I thought I'd give the PP a good try. Sometimes though, doing a reading with it, I don't seem to be able to see it come true. I try to read what is happening for me this day, or do a reading for tomorrow the night before--but it isn't always 'correct'.

Yes, I wanted to learn to read cards again, for many reasons, but mainly because its easier to carry a playing card deck in your purse then it is tarot, and playing cards are not as scary to people as tarot can be. Though I do have smaller tarot decks that I can also carry easily--playing cards are just more appealing at times.
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:46 am

Well I’m with you on this, I just bought a pack of playing cards in a box, to learn this with you. They are very ordinary and only one joker. But I’m ready to learn. I have Friday off so I’m going to google and YouTube til my hearts content , post up in here my findings.. maybe we can swap notes ?
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:41 am

With all the political readings on uTube I became very engrossed to watch and understand the meanings etc. from the various readers etc. I thing I began to understand was none of them use normal playing cards, they all use either Tarot or Oracle cards. A few use multiple decks especially if they are doing deeper readings, of if they need to clarify points that have not come out quite so clear. Just watching and enjoying their readings has been fascinating and renewed my love of this type of reading and I then purchased some decks, and at first started learning by rote. Then found that some of the really good ones go more on intuition as the cards have multiple meanings depending on the type of question, and whether you read reversals or not. 3 of my absolute favourites live in Oz so willing to share that information under a different thread if anyone is interested. They are incredible and worth watching. They are starting to do doubles as in readings with two of them, as well as sharing time and space with three of the best American and Canadian ones too. I have grown rapidly as a lover of this method, and spend many days laughing out loud at their descriptions and opinions. They have become very dear to me like "friends" as I inter-react with their various posts.

SuzieQ

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 am

Hi SuziQ and welcome to the Sacred Oracle. I have just returned from vacation, so just seeing your post now. Yes, PLEASE DO share the links to those readings. I'd be interested in seeing them myself.

Yes, also to using intuition when reading the cards. I rely more upon my intuition myself when reading the cards, save with the lenormand cards. There I do use a wee bit of intuition, but this doesn't always work and so I rely upon the actual meanings of the cards set out before me. I'm not a great lenormand reader--and still think that if I could intuitively read them, my readings would be better--but sadly, when I try that again, I'm not very good at it! lol.

I seem to be able to read this way with my tarot and with my oracles--some of them. I have many oracle decks that I do love dearly--but can't read a lick with them. However, I will always keep them because looking through them as I am sitting alone, those cards will still sing to me in their own way--not for reading perhaps, but sort of a 'special communication' between just the two of us and just for me. if that makes any sense, lol!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Lena Rodriguez Tarot Down Under - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Revealing Light Tarot - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
David Johnson - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jenn Lynn Tarot - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Linda G the Comanche Psychic - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first three are based in Australia and extremely credible and fun to watch.

The next two are in USA
There are mountains more, but these are some of the best.

SuzieQ

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Thu May 14, 2020 1:15 am

Thanks, I'll check them out soon! Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ Fri May 15, 2020 10:49 pm

If you are in the USA it might interest you to see some of the political readings with a fun entertainment tilt to it. Most of the readings have been spot on, which is why I "tune" in. This world of ours needs help, it is nice to see the spirits/guides or Universes is talking to us and giving us advice. There about ten I follow, and they have become friends of mine as well, really top notch readers in a way I could never be. I guess it takes years of learning all the different meanings for each card as it depends on where it is placed and the question asked to reveal the multiple answers just one card will reveal. I always thought when I bought my first deck that there would be only two meanings, the upright answer and the reversed answer. How wrong I was after watching my friends read. Wow and they have these flowing stories that all make sense. When I check with other readers they all have the same.

SuzieQ

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat May 16, 2020 8:22 am

Smile Yes, it is definitely more then just one meaning upright and one reversed. And, then, sometimes it also depends upon the reader themselves. One reader will see one card one way and another sees it in a totally different light. You would think, "ah! then only one of them can be correct!" but, not always. Its funny how the cards work. Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 pm

I did listen to the first 3, (now its late, and I'm headed to bed), and quite honestly, I only liked the first one.  I liked her so much, I went and listened to many of her other readings as well.  Thank you very much for sharing her!  I will continue to follow her.  

It was very interesting as I listened to her predicitons for May for my sign, my husbands and my daughters.  (we're all different signs).  All 3 are so far right on the money!  Its amazing.  Its also funny as I do monthly readings for the 3 of us as well - usually w/Lenormand and I saw pretty much the same things she is picking up on in tarot.  Some has yet to come true for us, but I can see the wheels are in motion and if they don't slip, could be as both I saw and this woman is saying too.  I am very much hooked on her now!  Very Happy
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 pm

The first one being Lena. She is a scream a minute and extremely good at what she does. Maryann from Revealing Light does grow on us. I didn't like her much in the beginning, but after watching many of her tapes and seeing just how good she is with the different packs, she has earned my trust. Very good predictions and is not tied up with ego in anyway. David, with "The Man in the moon" does not read cards, he does direct contact, and is such a honey, he has grown on me over the years as well. Linda G does both, cards and visions and also has a massive following as she is very on point. They sometimes read together for fun, and that is a laugh a minute.

SuzieQ

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Wed May 20, 2020 8:44 am

I'll have to give the others another try. Yes, so far I do prefer the Revealing LIght Tarot lady. I hope she is correct in her future predictions for the U.S. and that Pres. Trump will NOT be elected again for a 2nd term. Time will tell!

I will try to listen to the others again this week. Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum