The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

2 posters

Go down

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying Empty The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

Post by pachakutiq Tue May 07, 2019 10:27 pm

by Sogyal Rinpoche

I picked up this book at the Ithaca, NY book fair last Saturday and began reading it as soon as I could. I haven't gotten far into it as life sometimes gets in the way--but perhaps this book (given its title) will encourage me to find ways to NOT allow that to happen with things. Razz

I am only up to page 36. So far it has had a lot to teach me. I came across one really GREAT quote in it though that I just had t share and so I came on here to do so. It starts on page 35 and finishes up on 36. here goes:

It is under the title of The Spirit of the Warrior

Although we have been made to believe that if we let go we will end up with nothing, life itself reveals again and again the opposite, that letting go is the path to real freedom.

How TRUE that is!

I know we have all had times where we experienced this to some degree or another. Some of us have had to experience this as a result of a very traumatic event.

I, myself, had to experience this many times and yes, it was hard for me to let go at first. I held on to what I knew and thought was my life itself, terrified to let go and when my fingers were pryed apart by those I hung on to--and my fingers stomped upon to make me let go and they laughed as I fell--laughed at my suffering and really enjoying my suffering--I truly felt I would die. At times I wanted to die. I just felt I couldn't handle life without these people in it. My health suffered greatly--because I allowed it to take over my life--that suffering. However, I would soon come to realize that I was okay and that I could live without them in my life and be happy. I found my way up out of the deep hole dug deep from the hardship and the despair I allowed myself to hold onto - and when I finally got to the top again and climbed out of the hole, I found that life was great! I'm so much better off without those troubling people in it. As much as I love them, and yes, I do still love them very much---I also realize that for me to be whole and to be happy, I need to proceed on with life without them in it.

I don't wish them any harm or ill. I still love them very much. They also are going through these same experiences and only they can set themselves free of it, like I was forced to do. All of us go through this in one way or another. Its is okay to let them go so you can get on with your life. Life is precious. Don't hold onto those people or things that bring you so much despair. Live life as if today is the last day of it. Because we never know when our last day of life will be. So, wouldn't you want to make the most of it today while you have today? And, don't despair when the time comes for your death either. Its just another step through yet a new door. And, we all know when one door closes, another opens. So, as your time for death comes to be, accept it with patience and honor and allow your spirit to fly free through the new door that opens. It isn't the end of everything at all. No, its a new beginning for us!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying Empty Re: The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

Post by Dancing Bear Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:31 pm

I have this book, I haven’t read it yet! How are you going with it Noodle? Have you finished it? I imagined it would be some very heavy reading, please tell me I’m wrong! 😂😂
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying Empty Re: The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

Post by pachakutiq Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 am

YOU ARE WRONG!!! Laughing

I have finished it and this is a book that will ALWAYS be in my personal library. Due to downsizing our home, space is very limited for such things as books, decks, crystals and things of this nature. But, THIS book will ALWAYS be found in my library--even if I have to downsize to only ONE bedroom to live in!

Do open it, DB. Its super! It has truly helped me to heal my wounds. Sometimes those wounds split open again--but even when they do, they aren't as open and deep as they were before, and I just remember to see how Blessed I am and how Blessed the life I have is--and I truly feel better! Its been such a GREAT book to read. One of my top 5 faves.

In fact, while I can't go deep into it here--today was one of those days that was an eye opener to me that I have indeed HEALED. I had to experience yet another reminder that I don't really fit in somewhere, that use to be so extremely important to fit into--that I was almost willing to do anything it took to fit in. (Isn't that sad?) But, today, I realized that while I won't ever fit in, I also don't WANT to fit in there. Shocked

I thought I did, thought I was losing out on something I thought was perfect. But, today, when I was once again put in the midst of this - it hit me like a ton of bricks and I realized I'm already in a place where I am happy and whole. I'm very happy with where I am and who I am. I am a good person and I am blessed. I am blessed just as I am now and where I am today. And, I will be blessed again tomorrow too in the same way, I am sure. Life is good. Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Haha I’m glad I’m wrong 😀
I will pick it up and start reading 😉

I’ve had this book floating around for years, and even when I moved and downsized , I still kept it, just in case, I’m glad I did.it even sat next to my bed for two years waiting for me... Other books and things always took precedence over picking up this book. I think it’s time I did pick it up and actually read it.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down