The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
My Journey as a Medium EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
My Journey as a Medium EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
My Journey as a Medium EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
My Journey as a Medium EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
My Journey as a Medium EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
My Journey as a Medium EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
My Journey as a Medium EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
My Journey as a Medium EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
My Journey as a Medium EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

My Journey as a Medium

4 posters

Go down

My Journey as a Medium Empty My Journey as a Medium

Post by Dancing Bear Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Hey for most of you who know me, I am a Medium, Ive seen spirit energy all my life. But as a child i did not understand why others could not see, It was just a normal everyday thing for me. As a child i didnt understand spirit energy either, the feelings i got, the visions, and hearing voices. ( haha, I know straight jacket material, right there LOL!) But these voices were not inside of me, they were on the outside,Soft whispers in my ear, soft gentle kind voices, not telling me what to do, just telling me about themselves, their names, what they did, what they liked. how they passed over etc.. and on the odd occasion telling me things will be ok, or things that are to come.
As I grew up, I learnt to not say a word, I learnt quickly that society wasn't really interested in what i had to pass on, actually a wide berth was given. I came to a point that i would only tell if i was asked, and only then! I still stick by this Rule Ive set for myself. I understand people fear what they don't know, I have studied psychology, so i know im not crazy LOL! Too many things came true or were verified or accurate. Ive used this ability for many years now to help others with passed over loved ones, to heal old grieving wounds, Bring good news, and closure. With this ability i have also helped others keep contact with their passed over loved ones, without needing me to do it. Its always nice that the energy connection is still there. My Grandmother whom i was extremely close to, passed over in 2011, Not a day goes by without my missing her presence in the physical, But i am consoled that her energy is with me when i need it. Shes helped me with my Divorce, Given me strength when i felt weak and vulnerable, and made me smile with the Love she brings.
Its not a life that if looking back i would have particularly chosen, as there is a lot of horrible stuff that comes with it, but Ive learnt to deal with it, embrace it and use it to help others, including Spirit energy to rest easy, move on, find peace in the afterlife.
Out of all the house calls Ive done, 100% of the occupants of the home feel safer once they know who is in their home, giving people the knowledge and background of the spirit energy really helps the living deal with their squatters Laughing Most are passed over Loved ones, known and sometimes those who have passed before the living were born, knowing your Heritage through Genealogy comes in handy to pinpoint these relatives. I have had a french man follow me from house to house for years, I had no idea who he was to start, through my genealogy research i found i had many french ancestors, he is one, Louise. Hes quiet and just observes, loves the fact i have so many French Paintings on my walls, and a french bohemian influence in some of the things i have collected over the years.
This Journey of Mediumship has been tough and very frustrating at times to hone in and refine my abilities, control outcomes with the nasty stuff out there that is unavoidable, its given me an inner strength Ive never thought i had, that transferred into my physical life. The most frustrating part was finding out who my Guides were, now when i was in my teens and 20s, every time i heard the word guides, i would think it was out there hippy dippy stuff and didn't take it very seriously at all. Until the day i found out who had been with me helping me out all my life, As soon as i discovered, I thought to myself his name "William" , very loud and clear in my ear i was told "Bill" will do thank you! Shocked From there on in, Then Bill introduced me to another, I call Teeka that is how he said it, how its spelt i have no idea, Every time i ask i get told with tongue in cheek he spells out B.O.B haha!! Names mean nothing to them, its the feeling of the energy that i recognize and know whos, who. Sometimes when i am communicating, the thoughts /feelings i have, spell out what i am about to ask well before the words are formed, they answer quite quickly before Ive formed the question in words, a bit like telepathy. I am not continuously switched on and tuning in 24/7 that would be exhausting, Ive learnt to switch it on and off when i need it, so i can live a relatively normal life without interference of spirit energy. Being a Medium for me the only way i can explain it, is like an Empath, those who absorb everyone else's emotions, For me this is what happens when spirit are around, its taken a long time to distinguish whats me and whats them, normally goosebumps on my skin accompany spirit presence, sometimes not, but i know. I am always a work in progress as i am still also only human, still vulnerable, still make mistakes that help me learn more, go through all my ups and downs just like anybody else. I feel blessed i can work with people and empower them with the knowledge im able to bring forth for them. Giving guidance and reassurance that they are on the right path, show that they have the power to create the life they want, like that old saying. I am in the perfect place, at the perfect time right now in the present, this is where im meant to be, to learn, grow and keep moving forwards.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Journey as a Medium Empty Re: My Journey as a Medium

Post by pachakutiq Thu May 03, 2018 12:08 am

Very interesting, DB! I do not do 'house cleaning' per se.  However, I have helped people "clean" their own homes and spaces of unwanted spirit.

I'm more at ease making contact with deceased loved ones so the ones still living can find some peace knowing their loved one is still with them - but now perhaps at peace.  I have helped a few people to cross over and I've helped those who did cross over to find the light.

As a child, seeing spirits was really an every day thing for me and my siblings too.  However, we never realized the spirits were there to actually SEE us for whatever reason.  Laughing Our mother was a psychic medium and so when we also saw and or heard spirit, we thought they were there to see her and we'd run to let her know!

The grandkids were all the same way too and we were all especially uneasy at having to walk past or through my parents bedrooms as there were always spirits lined up waiting for her!  Like me (for the most part anyway), mom makes most of her contact when she is getting ready for sleep.  Which makes sense, as we are most relaxed at that time.  However, after I realized that the spirits were wanting to see me for whatever reason, and that I too was able to help spirits or their loved ones--and I was ready for it, they soon began to come at me at all times of the day and night.  Laughing

I didn't really know how to control it at first, and learned that on A.T. actually.  Now I have my rules and the spirits for the most part understand this and abide by them.  However, every now and again I'll be confronted with a spirit when I'm not ready and so I have to remember to always be ready and not caught off guard too much! Wink

Yes, like you, I could also always hear spirits and sense them too.  Since we were raised with a psychic medium mother who also read cards, we were somewhat 'okay' with it as kids--but also it made us a bit nervous.  My maternal side of the family were all psychic mediums and also practiced other forms of divination--everyone having their own "specialty" so as to not infringe upon each other with customers.  But, for whatever reasons, my mother never really explained to us kids that we too could have inherited these skills nor did she help with how to handle it and I guess she never allowed anyone in her family to do so either.  So, it wasn't until my 30s and when I met a psychic co-worker, that I began to really open up to it all with the help of that co-worker and friend.  Then, when I found A.T. and the support of many there, (including you and your last website too!), I truly learned so much and everything just took off.  A bit late really, I wish I had gotten this far when I was in my 20s, but hey, better late then never! Very Happy

I found your "Louis" ancestor quite interesting!  I have someone currently that I sense but never see and don't actually "hear" save telepathically at times.  A kind of guide, I think--and I sometimes wonder if he may be my father--but I don't understand why he won't reveal himself to me if he is indeed my father.  But, he's harmless really--he is very helpful, and especially with little things that are going to sound rather funny--but like when I do puzzles - or play scrabble.  Laughing  he must have been a big puzzle lover himself when alive here on earth!  (which my dad was, so one reason I think it could be dad).  While playing scrabble a word will suddenly pop out at me and is one that I don't really know! I know it sounds really bonkers and I sound like I am truly mad-house material--but I also know I am not--honestly! What a Face

At any rate, its all really an interesting life to have, having all these abilities. I do believe everyone has them too--at least to some degree and can also learn to develop them and become better at it. Sort of like piano lessons. You may not really like playing the piano--but if you keep taking lessons and practice and remain open to it--you can learn to play rather well!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Northtigress Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 am

It doesn't happen as much anymore, but I sometimes think that I am a receive-only telepath. Sometimes I would hear something, and I would say "hey can you repeat that?" and the other person would swear they hadn't said anything. Once, years ago, I was closing shop at the store and I was sure I heard the store owner's voice say "did you remember the Diet Coke?" I ran to the back door to help, but no one there.
Northtigress
Northtigress

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sat May 05, 2018 11:36 am

I am sure if you are a receiver - you may be able to develop other "psychic" abilties too.
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sat May 05, 2018 2:03 pm

I agree with Pach here,
If you receive you most certainly can develop your abilities to expand, if you choose to. I also believe everyone has it in them.

Ive seen people with no pre-existing abilities that they knew of, develop into awesome psychics.
even those with abilities that showed through as a child, still have to work hard to get to where they want. Its certainly not an easy road to choose, but it is rewarding in many ways.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Northtigress Sat May 05, 2018 3:32 pm

I have learned to manipulate energy. I am Reiki trained, though I have never worked professionally. My Reiki teacher did a great job, but I found it difficult every time she asked me "what do you see?" because, with a few rare exceptions, I don't "see". Most often, I feel. Clairesentience, I suppose? Sometimes I feel someone else's pain, or feel tension in the same part of my body. Sometimes I feel emotionally.
Northtigress
Northtigress

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sat May 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Thats awesome Tigress, Jealous you know Reiki, I so want to learn.
and Sometimes i don't see either, i just feel or just know. I think energy comes to us in all forms, whether we see, feel or just have a knowing, its all pretty much the same, I guess its all about the reader and how they best receive, Your way is obviously feeling. You can so much out of feeling. Do you tend to be a sponge?

Id Love to learn Reiki, My sister has learnt from her mother in Law , so when i get to Brisbane I am going to approach my sister to help me learn too. I Love working with energy, its my thing i think.

Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 am

Hi, guys. I am glad to have been directed towards your forum. I'm not sure whether or not I'm a medium. I was hoping you guys could tell me. The main reason I doubt it is- I can't at this time hear or receive the messages the spirits may be trying to convey.

A little backstory:
I have sensed the presence of spirits since about age 7. Later I was able to actually see them. When I was about 10 and until age 18 I used a Ouija board to communicate because I could not hear them. (My biological father who I was not raised with was diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic, so I was always afraid to "listen" for fear the same thing would happen to me. I tried very hard not to hear any voices and I never really did)

As a teenager I think I was at the height of my abilities when a friend committed suicide. I had no one to teach me anything about any of these abilities or anything about spirits, so when his spirit started communicating with me too often on the Ouija board (or with my friends about me when I wasn't there) and when his spirit was with me every where I went, I didn't know what to do. I told him he couldn't hang around anymore, that he needed to go figure out where he was supposed to be because I felt as though I was keeping him close to me, though I didn't mean to. I told him he just needed to go. I told my living friend to get rid of the Ouija board and I never saw it again. I tried to shut down all of my abilities then, because I just didn't know what to do with them. I managed to stop sensing and seeing spirits for several years, but my other abilities continued.

Anyway, that's just a small part of my journey. It has taken quite a few years, but I've now regained all of my abilities and aquired a few more, but I still cannot receive the messages. I'm not sure if its that I'm not listening well enough, or if I just don't know how the messages are supposed to actually come through. I'm expecting to hear them talking when they are standing right in front of me, but they never talk.

Since I saw you guys mention Reiki, I'm also a Usui Reiki Master. I mostly send distant healing and do Reiki for pets and family members. I haven't had any clients yet or taught any classes. I hope to do that one day.
Disa
Disa

https://disawylde.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Tue May 15, 2018 10:44 am

Welcome aboard Disa, So glad you were directed here.sunny

Schizophrenia the voices come from the inside, Mediumship its from the outside of you. Some people choose not to hear and not all spirit can audibly speak to you, many of my readings I rely on feelings, and a knowing, a bit like telepathy with them without the audible words if that makes sense? The trick is to learn who you are in essence so you can distinguish what is the feelings from spirit communications and what is you, I think the circles we are about to start will help with that, if you decide to attend... they really help, we just give what we get, and the person who places the photo or image up has a lot of knowledge about it, and gives feedback, there is no right or wrong in the circles, what they do is help you identify how you receive messages, I definitely think you have mediumship abilities. Not everyone sees or feels them around like you do.

Bless your father, when you have developed more , i am sure he will find a way to contact you again, Schizophrenia is a physical ailment to do with the brain function and chemical imbalance, he should be fine in the spirit world without the ailment.
I know what you mean about thinking you are going mad though, I went through the same thing, I often as i was developing, questioned my sanity, the realness of it all, but time and time again, it proved that i wasn't nuts, How would i know the things i do, about people i have never met if i was nuts, or it was a figment of my imagination, the only explanation was that this is a real phenomena that exists, Spirit energy is real and there are many of us who can see, feel, hear, know and communicate.
In ancient cultures this was the norm, it was an ability that is real and taken in their stride, I know the Aboriginal culture here in Australia it is a natural ability for many. This is why they honour their Ancestors and have ceremonies for them for many years to come after they have passed over. It was Western culture and some religions that tried to squash it, saying it was something to be feared. Myself coming from a line of Druids in Wales, this way of thinking , whether it be ancestral memories (i don't know) but i have always believed, always seen and very sensitive to energy around me. as if i was born in the wrong era, but its better than the era of burning witches LOL!! At least we have the freedom to explore what was passed on from our Ancestors.

OOO Reiki, I so want to learn Reiki, You are more than welcome to offer up your services here, if you want to practice, I am sure you will have plenty of hands up.. Mine will certainly go up, as i have an old boy 15 that needs something to help him. There is also a section you can offer your services up professionally, I have placed an advertisement in there as an example. it is the buy, swap or sell area..You can offer your service in swap of a reading also , etc etc..
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Yes, Disa, I think DB gave a great response here to you.  And, I second the psychic circles helping big time!  Plus, I noticed with these circles when we use to have them on her old website, when we would all work together, it was as if the psychic juices became more potent between us all.  I do think it was because we were all together online and the energy was truly magnified!  Those were great times!

I can remember thinking something was wrong with me too when I'd *know* something before it happened. My mother and her family--who were all psychic mediums, would never help us kids when this happened. My siblings were the same as me, really, but they all would just hush us up over it and not help us to understand it. At any rate, back then, I was somewhat fearful of it. Interested in it too--but fearful and not really understanding it. Such a shame, I think, since my mother could have really helped me with it, as the rest of the aunts and my grandmother too.

My daughter also was a bit afraid of her abilities too. I remember when she was in 3rd grade, her best friend told her she was "weird" and didn't want to play with her, when my daughter told her that her grandmother was standing behind her and wanted her to know something. My daughter came home in tears as all the kids would tell her she was wierd. Even back then, I didn't really have the answers to help her, but I'd assure her she was not weird and by then, one aunt was a bit more helpful when I'd call her and ask her how to help my child. This same aunt knew I was pregnant even before I knew! She c. my mother and told her and also mentioned how my maternal gm and her sisters (all psychic mediums)came to tell her the good news and also announced that this child being born would be a great psychic. Laughing I do believe my daughter is a very strong psychic, but her husband is terrified of these things, as he can see spirits too--but cannot hear them--and had a very bad experience with a spirit once. So she does her best to shut all her abilities down now, sadly. Sad I know she would LOVE to develop them, but she won't do so w/o his blessings. Oh well. Maybe one day.

The fact that you cannot hear/receive messages from the spirit may be due to the fact that as a child you were so terrified that it may mean you were also paranoid schizophrenic. I will also say that I have read in many various places where a lot of people who were labeled as such, were not truly so. That the greater majority was actually psychic, but had no idea and didn't know how to react to it--so when they reacted in a way that was not accepted as "normal" (whatever THAT is!)--they were labeled sadly as paranoid schizophrenic. Sad At such a young age as you were when this occurred, it probably scared you to the point of shutting that part of you down. Maybe you can open and develop that ability--but if you cannot, there may be other ways to understand what it is the spirit wants you to know.

Now, sometimes I cannot understand spirit for whatever reason. At these times, I often ask them to write it down and show me. Then, I will see it written on a chalk board or on a piece of paper--something like that. Sometimes just written in mid air in front of me--in teh air, but I can make out the letters. Laughing spirits will get their message across if they need to in whatever way they can! Just ask them to. I also will ask them to draw it out in a picture form. Laughing it works!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 am

Northtigress wrote:I have learned to manipulate energy. I am Reiki trained, though I have never worked professionally. My Reiki teacher did a great job, but I found it difficult every time she asked me "what do you see?" because, with a few rare exceptions, I don't "see". Most often, I feel. Clairesentience, I suppose? Sometimes I feel someone else's pain, or feel tension in the same part of my body. Sometimes I feel emotionally.

I realize this is a few months old, but I wanted to reply anyway. NT, you may feel things rather then seeing them, and that is okay too, of course. Sometimes I honestly do think it is easier to hear or feel things then actually seeing them, but I am able to see, hear and feel things. Yes, it is clairsentience, when you feel things. You may also be an empath. Many people are empaths, and do not realize it. I am an empath myself and often will feel pains in a part of my body that actually belongs to someone else.

If you are an empath and you are feeling drained from it as a result, I would urge you to learn how to protect yourself from picking up on the energy of others too much--at least when you're not doing your reiki. I imagine its a good thing to be (an emapth) when you are a reiki person too--as it can help you know where to help your client.

I also am interested in learning reiki, but not that interested in paying the big bucks to learn it! I never understood why it costs so much to learn this. So, I don't take teh classes. Sad

pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:58 pm

I agree with Noodle, Not everyone sees in images or movie scenes. Many people feel, hear etc.. some see externally some see internally, some not at all. everyone is different, to not see any images, does not make you any less whatsoever, just shows you have different abilities , but non the less the ability to tune in and connect. Feeling is my thing too.. I feel way more than i see, or just know, for example if a spirit wants to convey a name or letters of a name, I know what those letters are through a feeling, how you can feel a letter dont ask!! LOL!! I just do, without seeing them and this has proven time and time again correct. YOU dont have to see to have abilities to know!

Also remember when spirit connect it is not only about your abilities it is about theirs too.. so if the spirit energy do not know how to give images, but can only help you feel , that is how you will receive the message. Same with working with the living, if they are closed off with communicating with images, you may be too! As Spirit energy and the living energy is all just energy, its all the same. we are energy having this experience of being whoever we are, I am energy expressing myself as DB.. etc.. when i pass over , I will still be the same energy, and you will recognize this energy that was once expressing itself as DB.. Hope all that makes sense. I expect you probably know all about energy anyway with your reiki training.

One thing that did help me visualize feelings was through Art, I paint and draw a lot. I doodle how i feel, after a time, visuals started to appear before i drew them. Might be a thing you could practice maybe, or you may come up with something that resonates better for you. But just simple little things can help us open up that right hemisphere of our brains that enables us to visualise.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:30 am

Also, as Dr. Steven Farmer said in one of those videos you shared with us here, we all have our abilities and some of them are stronger then others. So, one may only see and nothing else, or they may see and hear things and nothing else. However, using the one or two abilities you do have will help you to also begin developing the others.

You may always see and hear best (if those are your dominant abilities) but you may also be able to feel or just know things too.

So, as we have always been saying, if tarot cards are your thing that you do fairly well - keep doing them and before you know it, if you are wanting to develop your psychic abilities--they will most likely also develop as you continue to read cards!

I never really knew how to bring spirits forward when I wanted them to come forward, but I would often sense them and generally only those spirits known to me, such as my family members in spirit or other loved ones. However, I'll never forget when I was giving a tarot card reading to a lady and her ex first husband came through. (She was divorced from him and had remarried years later to another man)

I was a bit surprised to, tbh. But there he was just as plain as day to me, save I could also see *through* him, as if he were an image painted onto a window screen. At any rate, I could see him, hear him and was able to deliver a message to her that he felt was important and when I did, she confirmed it was just the advice she needed.

So, we both walked away from that reading with a positive learning. I knew I could use tarot to reach spirits and she got the msg that she needed in her life at the time too! Very Happy

pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down