The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
Most unusual divination method. EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
Most unusual divination method. EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
Most unusual divination method. EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
Most unusual divination method. EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
Most unusual divination method. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
Most unusual divination method. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
Most unusual divination method. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
Most unusual divination method. EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
Most unusual divination method. EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Most unusual divination method.

2 posters

Go down

Most unusual divination method. Empty Most unusual divination method.

Post by Northtigress Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Here's an interesting question. What's the most unique form of divination that you have either heard of or personally experienced?

The oddest form of Divination that I have ever heard of would be Tyromancy, divination by cheese. In the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne, the main character consults several times with a woman who interprets the patterns created as milk coagulates and ripens into cheese. The method sounds interesting, but not ideal if you need an answer soon.

The most unique divination that I've tried myself would have to be Random Object Divination, aka The Junk Oracle. I love the fact that it is completely intuitive, with no pre determined meanings. Also, yourl Junk Oracle becomes more and more personal as you add in objects that are meaningful to you. There was also the time I went out for a walk and took photos of random things that I thought were interesting. Then I used to resulting images to answer people's questions, which had all been asked while I was away on my walk so that the questions couldn't influence what I had photographed.
Northtigress
Northtigress

Back to top Go down

Most unusual divination method. Empty Re: Most unusual divination method.

Post by pachakutiq Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Never heard of Tyromancy, that is an interesting form of divination for sure. Yes, I like the thought of the Junk Oracle, as it is completely intuitive--and I am more of an intuitive reader myself, so that is appealing to me. Also, the idea of yours--taking pictures and using them to answer people's questions. Thats pretty cool!

For me, I think one of the most unusual is the reading of feet and toes and how accurate it is. I find that rather funny tbh. Not sure I'd want to be a foot reader myself, but I am finding myself looking at peoples feet more now, and seeing things like if their 2nd toe is longer then the first or if the first 3 toes are of just about equal length, etc. Laughing

One of the oddest ways (I think) that I used for divination was the patterns of things in the kitchen and bathroom floor. I remember in A.T. we were doing this form of divination just to see if we could get something. I did do this and saw a pattern that looked to me like a woman yelling at someone--and I felt it was her partner, only later to hear from a friend who had earlier had a huge fight with her husband. When she was pouring out her thoughts to me on it, all I could think of was how I had seen it--and in fact, the woman in the tile made me even think of this woman--it sort of looked like her. Laughing But, I don't do that on a regular basis--reading floor tiles.

But, it just goes to show you that you can divine with anything! And, that makes me believe that it means that we all have this ability inside of ourselves. We most likely could come up with the correct answers if we could just quiet our minds and allow them to come--but the form of divination we use, is really just a tool for helping us. It is a gift that is really inside each and everyone of us.
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down