The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sacred Oracle
Become a member, and enjoy many more hidden forums about
Tarot, Spirituality, Mediumship and the Paranormal.
The Sacred Oracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Cartomancy
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyWed May 20, 2020 8:44 am by pachakutiq

» Unpendulum questions
Druidcraft Tarot EmptySat May 16, 2020 8:36 am by pachakutiq

» Fingerprint reading
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:52 pm by SuzieQ

» A Rune a day
Druidcraft Tarot EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 am by pachakutiq

» Wildwood Tarot
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm by pachakutiq

» The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm by Dancing Bear

» Visit from my Nan
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 4:16 pm by Dancing Bear

» Welcome Guests
Druidcraft Tarot EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:05 pm by Dancing Bear

» Channeling
Druidcraft Tarot EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:51 pm by pachakutiq

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 127 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Druidcraft Tarot

3 posters

Go down

Druidcraft Tarot Empty Druidcraft Tarot

Post by Dancing Bear Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Who else here uses Druidcraft? I've been using mine since it came out 2005 I think?
I adore it, as I relate so much to the earthy images!
I've people complain about the High Priestess being so dark in skin colouring in another forum, my answer to that was my long line of Druidic family are dark in skin, myself included, so have never been deterred in linking her to the High Priestess as the long line were also seers, Wise women and men.
The two major cards that drew me to this deck is the strength card , being so soft and gentle to the wild boar, to me Strength comes from from seeing a sentient being, respecting, accepting and embracing that without brute force. To me that's Strength!!!
And the Devil Card , Cernnunos, he is our forest God who reminds us of where we came and what's important in life, getting back to nature, releasing the hooks of a material society. Getting back to basics, so to speak and the numbers strength and justice are, strength 8 ( as above, so below) Justice 11 (divine wisdom) either way they would suit, but definitely fit with this deck!
Anyone Else use this deck? What is it that draws you?
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

https://thesacredoracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Druidcraft Tarot Empty Re: Druidcraft Tarot

Post by pachakutiq Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Dancing Bear wrote:Who else here uses Druidcraft? I've been using mine since it came out 2005 I think?
I adore it, as I relate so much to the earthy images!
ME!!! I also love it! I can't recall how long I've owned this deck, but for many years. I love the images myself. I am a person who needs grounding--I'm very airy--and so I am drawn to decks that are earthy. This is one of them for sure. Smile

I've people complain about the High Priestess being so dark in skin colouring in another forum, my answer to that was my long line of Druidic family are dark in skin, myself included, so have never been deterred in linking her to the High Priestess as the long line were also seers, Wise women and men.
hmmm...I don't see her in dark skin in my copy?! And, I think she is a GREAT High Priestess! One of the best portrayals of that title in tarot in my opinion and one of my fave cards.

The two major cards that drew me to this deck is the strength card , being so soft and gentle to the wild boar, to me Strength comes from from seeing a sentient being, respecting, accepting and embracing that without brute force. To me that's Strength!!!
And the Devil Card , Cernnunos, he is our forest God who reminds us of where we came and what's important in life, getting back to nature, releasing the hooks of a material society. Getting back to basics, so to speak and the numbers strength and justice are, strength 8 ( as above, so below) Justice 11 (divine wisdom) either way they would suit, but definitely fit with this deck!
Anyone Else use this deck? What is it th1at draws you?
Yes, I like the strength card myself and the HP as already mentioned. I also like the lovers card and the World card. I also like the Devil card and the Death card. (you can see that many cards really stand out for me and I love!). The sun Card looks so much like my nephew--the first grandchild born to my husbands family and he truly is THE SUN! Everyone of course loved him much and he is a great guy--now an adult. I always think of him when this card is pulled. The moon is another cool card and probably my fave minor arcana card is the Queen of Cups. How great is she in that card?! Probably in my top five faves!

the one draw back to this deck for me--the size of the cards. I always think about trimming it, but I've never done that to a deck and I'm fearful of doing so. I really should just DO IT! Very Happy

You got me excited about this deck, DB. When hubby & I come home from "our date"- I think I'm going to play with it! Cool
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:00 am

OHHH. The Druidcraft is my all time favorite deck. If ever I have to part with my entire collection, I would save this one in a secret place.  I even wrote an "Ode" to the Druidcraft" years ago- it's the first deck that ever spoke to me.  Click Link if you'd like to read:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Disa
Disa

https://disawylde.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:48 am

Disa wrote:OHHH. The Druidcraft is my all time favorite deck. If ever I have to part with my entire collection, I would save this one in a secret place.  I even wrote an "Ode" to the Druidcraft" years ago- it's the first deck that ever spoke to me.  Click Link if you'd like to read:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Im definitely going to click on the link Disa, I Absolutely Love this deck, its so earthy, practical and a different angle with a few of the cards in which i like. And the images are just so divine, they also sing to me.

Thank you so much for sharing your 'Ode'

I love you DB
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dancing Bear Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:54 am

I Loved it!! The way you express yourself with words, is so mesmerizing, the way you embraced the Druidcraft as an old friend is absolutely beautiful. Thankyou so much for sharing xx
Druidcraft most certainly gives you that feeling of having a deep connection just like an old friend.
Dancing Bear
Dancing Bear
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Wow Disa! What a beautiful 'ode'! I loved it and am also going to check out your site a bit more. Very pretty start of the page there with that picture.

I love my Druid Craft as well, like a dear old friend. Its a comforting deck, isn't it? Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:07 am

Oh! I'm so glad you both liked my "ode". It was a little out of my normal scope of writing. It must have been for a writing prompt or something, I just can't remember. I actually think I wrote it years before I posted it there.

CN/Pach That's just a little blog I started years and years ago. There are links to my short stories at the top of the page, if you're interested in reading those.

There are also links to all my other sites as well as just sites I frequent- feel free to browse around:)
Disa
Disa

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:05 am

I did read one story there of yours. "The Box". good story! Smile I could relate to part of it--as my son in law made me promise to never share the cards or anything I do (medium work, and any form of divination) with the grandchildren. I promised not to--until they are adults AND ask me about it. Both of us agreed to that. It sometimes drives me nuts, especially as my oldest granddaughter seems to have a lot of abilities, but her father and sometimes my daughter (her mom) too, will squash it. However, the daughter still asks for readings.

I sometimes think of writing stories myself, but I just don't seem to get it onto paper. In my head, esp. at night when I can't sleep...oh, it sounds so good! but then when I write it out...not so much. Laughing Maybe one day....

I have to say it just dawned on me too about your avatar. I have always loved it and thought I had seen it before somewhere. But could never figure out where, and so I decided its just that I saw your avatar on A.T. and now here of course, and also the cartomancy forum. But, I recently used my "The Psychic Tarot" by John Holland and there it is, on the box and also the Universe Card (#21/World Card)! Laughing I LOVE the pic! I prefer your version to that on the box of cards & the Universe card though. Smile

Your jewelry is nice too. I haven't had time to read anymore stories on your site, but I will most likely go back and do so. So glad you shared it here!
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Disa Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:25 am

Oh, CN I am sure it's quite frustrating not to be able to guide your grandchildren with their abilities. I know we have to respect our children's wishes when it comes to their own children. I don't have any grandchildren, yet. Hopefully since my daughter has recently taken an interest in her own abilities and asking for guidance there, she won't keep it from my grandchildren(if ever I get any, even just one." .

I write short stories because I don't have the attn span to finish my novel. Maybe "one day". I'm glad you liked "The Box". It was the first Tarot related Story I ever wrote. The others all have Tarot, too- and a few other things Wink All are happy ending feel good stories, because I rewrite life into what I wish happened, instead of what did Smile

My avatar- I have no idea where I found this image. I have used it for years all over the internet. I don't have the Psychic Tarot deck by John Holland.
Disa
Disa

Back to top Go down

Post by pachakutiq Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am

I really liked your story, "The Box".  I think because I could relate well to it.   I've been thinking of perhaps writing a story about a girl who also is born into a family who have developed their abilities and use them.  I figured I could draw upon the family history for much of the story, as I remember the stories from my aunts and mother, my siblings and cousins and then of course, my own too.  

My husbands sister use to sound just like you.  "I'll NEVER have grandchildren!"  Laughing  her son is a year older then our daughter.  Though her son was engaged before our daughter, our daughter got to the altar before he and his fiance did.  Both kids lived with their significant other and our daughter made us grandparents first.  The sister was sure she'd never see grandkids, only granddogs and grandcats.  Laughing  But then, a year a half after our first granddaughter was born, she became a grandmother to a delightful little boy.  Smile  Today, we have two granddaughters and the sister has two grandsons.  

I share just to let you know, you'll probably become a grandmother soon.  And of course, you have to let your daughter decide when and if that will become a reality.  But, I have a feeling it will.  Smile  

Our daughter was really into her abilities, even up to the time she and her now husband were first married.  But he was never comfortable with it.  Psychic abilities run on his maternal side, and he, himself has psychic-medium abilities.  He can only see them though, not hear them.  However, he also had a scary experience with a dark energy spirit, as a teenager, and so is terrified of the possibilities it will happen again.  

He does realize though that spirits still come to their home.  He has often seen them as well, of course and once even heard a spirit that turned out to be his cousin.  The cousin had passed the night my sil heard someone in their basement.  He thought someone had broken into their home through the basement at like 2am in the morning.  He got his gun and waited at the top of the stairs by the basement door, and heard the 'person' coming up each step.  As the person reached the top of the stairs, my sil opened the door with his gun pointed and ready to shoot and no one was there.  No one at all!  So, they went back to bed and then were awoken at 7 or 8am with the news that his cousin died at about 2am.  That also scared the hello out of him, so now even if/when the daughter does anything, she is very careful that he doesn't know!  She will not allow the girls to know either, as they are young and she doesn't want him to find out!  But even still, she rarely reads cards or anything and rarely sees spirits as a result too.  You're fortunate your daughter is interested!  I hope the interest stays with her and develops strongly for her.  Smile
pachakutiq
pachakutiq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down